The Four Passions, Sept 24, 2012

The Four Passions, Sept 23, 2012 This set got a little sadder, probably I hadn't seen Leela in a few weeks, and of course, Rosalie in almost a year. Some story songs led us off: Lou Reed's Street Hassle and then a Turkish torch song which must be sad, by Sezen Aksu, my new favorite. I had never found a compatible groove with her, but I'm starting to catch on .

Then we played some Turkish film music, certainly with a story, this one a little silly, from the clip below.
Link here to the Turkish Film Music site Leela and I frequent.


Then more from the Amazing, Sleepy, Sludgy, Dreamy, Drifty Ethiopian Jazz Musician Getachew Mekurya, catch more of that one here.

Two songs by Ron Rege + Lavender Diamond, then some Carter Family, below (They might not be on the playlist cause I forgot them, but they were before or after Karen Dalton.)




I can't remember what else I played. Half the time I'm just barely holding on. I call this Music To Stay Alive By.

Playlist below. Podcast here. 

ArtistTitleAlbumLabel
Lou ReedStreet HassleBetween Thought and Expression
Sezen AksuGuvercinDeniz YildiziTurkish
Ask AlfabesiYsimTurkish Film Music
Talk Break
KhlaedAichaAicha
The RaveonettesObservations
Lavender DiamondLike An ArrowImagine Our Love
Poor MoonHolidayPoor MoonSub Pop
Talk Break
Getatchew MekuryaTrack 2UnknownAwesome Tapes From Africa Blog
Latin PlayboysCrayon SunLatin PlayboysSlash
Lavender DiamondOh My Beautiful WorldIncorruptible Heart
Karen DaltonOther Side to this Life1966
Cat PowerAlways On My OwnSunMatador
Talk Break
EMAThe Grey ShipSound Cloud
Brain FV-2sleep roughgrave mistake
Levekcanterbury bellsLook A Little CloserLefse
Heavenly Gospel SingersI'm a Pilgrim and a StrangerBap-tizum.com Blog
Shintaro SakamotoHow to Live With a PhantomHow To Live With A PhantomOther
Wendy ReneAfter LaughterStaxStax
Mazzy StarHalahShe Hangs Brightly
Talk Break
SmokeAwakeHeaven on a Popsiclestick
SmokeFreak (Winn's Song)Heaven on a Popsiclestick
EsmerayAyrilik Olsa BileIstanbul 70: Psych, Disco, Folk ClassicsTurkish
John CaleFear is a Man's Best FriendFearIsland
John CaleParis 1919Paris 1919Island
Lou ReedThe Last Great American WhaleNew York

Comments

Popular Posts