Rango by Edgar Vasques

Posting more strips for the upcoming Hutch Owen collection. Here's an early couple, establishing the junkyard, and the low-high dynamic or the poor vs the corporations.






Sadly, I'd never seen Rango by Brazilian artist Edgar Vasques until just yesterday.


Student Mariet Guerrero and I were researching Latin American cartoonists. (I'll post a link to Mariet's blog when she gets hers up and running.)

Near as I can tell Rango is a dude who lives in the garbage or a junkyard. I can't tell if he's in these terrific strips where the can itself seems to be talking.



This strip is certainly about striated class, economics, etc. It's also fearlessly drawn- it's killing me. I'm off to read more; you can too:

External Links:

A Portuguese site about comics. Lots of Rango here.

Blog posting about Rango

Translation from Portuguese Wikipedia

Rango toy page

Comments

Popular Posts